Sunday, October 11, 2009

The vampires arrived before 5:00 am


During an early morning bathroom visit, I decided it was as good a time as any to get so dizzy that I needed 2 people to assist me back to bed (all of eight feet). You know what Charlie Brown's teacher sounds like? Kind of a "whahwhahh whah whahh whahhh" .....when voices around me start sounding like her, I know I'm close to passing out. Fortunately, I made it back to bed in one piece. The RN's and CNA's here are the best.

Kari took my vitals and my BP was 74/40, so they started an IV saline drip and told me I can't have any pain meds until my BP gets back up in the living-person range. (ok, they didn't really say that, but it was inferred)..and I have a temp of 100, which isn't too bad, but they are still searching for the cause.

So, in the meantime, as has become a pre-dawn ritual, Jenny the Vampire sucked more blood out of me than I knew I had. Wouldn't you think that since my BP is low they would let me keep my blood?

I'm writing this at 5:30 a.m. and I'm not sure when Sam will upload it (it's a sleep-in Sunday), but I'm going to try to get some sleep, even though my incision site is killing me. Hopefully the doc will find out what the problem is so I can go home today.

No comments:

Post a Comment