Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Craptacular Day

A leftover hurricane? Is that what this rain is all about? Yesterday was so beautiful...and today is total yuck. It wasn't a totally wasted day, though. I got my staples out. This is monumental. Tomorrow I'm going to take the longest, hottest, steamiest shower ever. Just before I turn into a prune, I'll take a picture of the incision (as promised) for the blog. It's pretty darn ugly, I must admit. Perhaps the surgical team person who got the order to "close me up" was going for a speed record. It's all good....not a highly visible part of my body.



At physical therapy yesterday, we worked on strength and balance. Bhernee showed me how to use a couple machines in the fitness center at Northpointe which adjoins to the P.T. Department. One is a recumbent bike which, for all I know, may be designed especially for rehab patients because the seat swivels for easy access in addition to being a very smooth ride.The other was a hand-driven bike.  Today I had my final blood draw and my last coumadin pill (hoooorraaaaay for both!!). After the lab visit, I rode the recumbent bike for 20 minutes. Bhernie said I could do an easy 15-20 minutes and in my mind I'm thinking "that means 30!" but 20 was plenty. After that I spent some time with free weights. 

I took a two-hour nap with ice on my hip. I earned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment