Friday, September 11, 2009

No, it's not WILSON

Nurse Denise from St. Anthony's Hospital called me today to get my medical history. The hospital had me listed under the wrong name. ugh...

She told me I can have nothing to eat or drink after 11:00 pm the night before surgery. The morning of surgery I need to bring with me: a photo ID, insurance card, living will (don't have that), power of attorney (don't have that either) and crutches. She also suggested that I don't wear makeup. That was funny. Do women actually consider wearing makeup on surgery day?

Dr. Barba will see me before the surgery and autograph my left hip. That's nice. No one has ever autographed any of my body parts :)

Surgery will take approximately 165 minutes. First phase recovery room....1.5 hours. 1st floor, Orthopedics, 2 or 3 days.... Marine Corps Marathon - October 2010.

1 comment:

  1. OK, I’m getting in the game. Here I go...

    Of course, some women consider wearing makeup on surgery day. Image is everything. You gotta look pretty for the scalpel, you know.

    Hey, if you need crutches, I’ve got a pair sitting in my kitchen closet. They’re good for someone 5’-2” to 5’-10’”. I think they’ll fit ya. They’re leftovers from my ugly broken ankle adventurer. If it saves you a $$$, I’m happy to help.

    I didn’t know that autographing body parts was a spectator sport. I’ll have to remember that. I hope they get it on film. It just might make it on the ESPN play of the week.

    The Marine Corps Marathon in October 2010? Keep that POSITIVE attitude. You’ll do just fine.


    P.S. I still want to know who that pretty woman in the picture is.

    ReplyDelete